A new Podcast Episode is up… and with a wonderful announcement! I’ve paired with three awesome ladies to organise a knit-along for a lightweight shawl, perfect for spring or autumn, starting next September 12th. But more on that below…
Here’s the video:
And here are the show notes, that can also be found on my Ravelry Group.
- Woodsy Hat, a test knit for Mandarine’s in Clover by Oceanbythesea, hand-dyed with madder. I will try to make a post just for this finished object once the pattern is released, which will be anytime soon. Keep an eye out!
Works in progress:
- Socks for Dad (or uncle), with no specific pattern, in Drops Fabel. It’s never too early for Christmas Knitting…
- The Alana Tank, a test knit for Born & Raised, in Drops Belle. For more pictures, check out yesterday’s post where you can see the flowery needles up close and read the story behind them!
- Drops Alpaca in colourway 0607 (Light Brown) for a secret test knit!
And I also announced the knitalong (KAL) I have been organising for a few weeks now! Here’s the Chatter Thread on my Raverly Group and here are the details:
The Margaretha Shawl, a gorgeous pattern by Helene Zechner. It’s a lightweight triangular shawl, inspired by her grandmother’s garden full of flowers. You can imagine why I fell in love with it. I will be knitting it in Oceanbythesea‘s Clover, hand-dyed with madder, but you can knit it in any yarn of your choice. It’s designed and mostly knit on light fingering weight yarn, but some projects feature classic fingering weight yarn and it’s still under 100g, so this is a one-skein project.
There will be a 20% discount code for purchasing the pattern from today until the KAL lasts, which will be: MARGARETHAKAL. We will be using the hashtag #margarethaKAL so you can start sharing the yarn you’re planning to use on Instagram!
Starting September 12th, until October 31st, with a possible extension.
Yes, there will be prizes! Many prizes! I still have not decided whether there will be separate prizes on the chatter thread or in the FO thread… But for now, here’s what we’ve got planned:
- Pattern Prize: Zinshaus Socks by Helene Zechner.
- Yarn Prize: one skein of yarn hand-dyed by Oceanbythesea, base and colourway still to be discovered!
- Project Bag Prize: Eva (CountryMaison, who by the way just started podcasting too! you go, girl!) will be donating a project bag from her Etsy Shop.
- Stitch Markers Prize: and I will be making a small stitch marker / progress keeper set, Christmas-themed.
I hope you’re excited as I am (as we are) for this KAL and join to knit it with us… What do you have to do to join?
Simply go to my Ravelry Group page, join, and comment in the Chatter Thread that you’re in! You can show us what yarn you’re planning or would like to use and tell us a bit about yourself. Objects finished by the (extensible) deadline will be elegible for the big prizes, but I’m sure we’ll figure something out for the chatter thread, so even if you’re not able to finish it on time, you might still be eligible to win a prize!
Thanks for watching! Happy Knitting!