So… This is my first post and episode since I became a PhD! There was a change of set because… I got a new camera from my colleagues, friends and boyfriend as a PhD present, which takes Podcast recording to a whole new level! I’m sorry for the road and railroad noise coming from outside the open windows, but even though I recorded at 8am, I had to keep them open to prevent the room from heating up in the Barcelona summer weather…
Also, I’m sorry it took me so long to post it here, since the video has been up since Tuesday – I’ll try to get better at posting everything at the same time on next one.
Here’s the video:
And here are the show notes, that can be found on my Ravelry Group:
I finally have more than one finished object to show! No wonder, after it took me more than 5 weeks to record another episode…
- Silverfox cove shawl, pattern is Sands Cove Shawl by Beatrice (beatrice2009 on Ravelry) from Thread and Ladle. I entered it to the Simple Shawls KAL in the Thread & Ladle group.
Knit with Drops Fabel,
check out my Instagram account if you want to win the yarn and pattern to reproduce the one I made! There’s still time until next Saturday the 23rd. I already drew the winner today, congratulations to Anna.
Speaking of giveaways, the winner of the Flower Power KIL Big Set from Episode 03 (announced on the episode thread in my Ravelry Group) was Amaia (kukufrakak) – thank you so much Barbara (knittingilove)! And thank you so much Amaia for introducing me to so many awesome people, you guys know who you are! 😉
- My first socks… Well, I finished my first sock ever (round of applause) and I couldn’t be more excited. Second one is in toe shaping, so I will be done shortly. Flower-y DPN cozy is from JoPickleLily – thank you for making one that would fit my 20cm needles, I love it, Jo!
What’s on my needles:
- Chromatic cap sleeve pullover, out of my comfort zone colour-wise and composition-wise.
- Craftfulness Spoil Sock Yarn in the Teenage Pastel Colourway, purchased at her Etsy shop, currently on vacation mode…
- Schachenmayr’s Regia Pairfect Sock Yarn colourway 07117 (Cheescake)
Questions and answers:
Local Yarn Shops that I mention…
… in Barcelona:
… in the Basque Country:
And… let me know if you’d be interested in a relaxed knit-along featuring Pure Joy or Hansel half version. The secretism behind why I hadn’t organised this KAL yet is this beautiful yarn that I was waiting to receive, and I wanted to cast on straight away (which I received
this Tuesday morning right after I recorded the Podcast Episode)!:
Thanks for watching and happy knitting!