Well, it’s clear that I can’t take so long to record a Podcast episode, because this one took longer than one hour and since YouTube isn’t allowing videos that long… I had to split it in two. The first part covers the finished objects and works in progress and the second part is talk about stash.
Here are both videos:
And here are the show notes:
- Hats for my little cousins: five of them were knit using the Herringbone Hat pattern by Anne Mizoguchi (whose name I’m pretty sure I pronounced wrongly, so sorry about that). For the Ear Flap Toddler Hat, I didn’t follow any specific pattern and I couldn’t be happier with the result!
I don’t think I mentioned it in the video, but all 6 hats were knit in Drops Merino Extra Fine.
- (half object) Moroccan Sock(s)! Without following any specific pattern, just basic instructions for top-down socks with a classic heel flap, in limited edition yarn by Greta and the Fibers. Heels and toes in contrast colour with a mini by Soc Una Troca.
Here you can see the lovely valisette that my friend Marga (who owns Greta and the Fibers) sewed for me! (Thank you!)
- The Picos de Europa Hat designed by Verena Cohrs, in Gregoriafibers‘ 1ply Heritage DK. Picos de Europa is a bonus pattern for WOODS, a book by Making Stories, coming out next November.
“WOODS – making stories is a new knitting book that we created fueled by our desire to share our passion for local, breed-specific European yarns and modern minimalistic knitwear design.
We’ve teamed up with amazing designers and European yarn companies as well as a team of wonderful makers on this journey to create a book that shines a spotlight on sustainable, local yarns, celebrates new and established designers, and shares tons of knitting knowledge.”
WOODS is a lovely project about to be brought to life by Verena Cohrs, knitwear designer and nature lover, and Hanna Lisa Haferkamp, business coach and owner of two handmade labels. Read more about them and the wonderful publication in the crowdfunding page. Spread the word and help them reach their goal! I’ll be supporting them shortly!
I’ll also be testing one of the final patterns of the book, the Black Forest Cardigan also designed by Verena, in the amazing De Rerum Natura Cyrano, in the colourway Granit.
Works in progress
- Woodland Tales Mittens by Mandarine’s in Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.
- Baby Bunny Romper from a Spanish knitting magazine, where the pattern had a mistake and I needed to rip back and adapt it. I’m knitting it in Drops Baby Merino on my new 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm Hiya Hiya sharp needles, purchased at Fil&Tropia.
- Stripey Socks to Gift in Schachenmayr’s Regia Pairfect colourway 07111 (cinamon) also purchased at Fil&Tropia.
I’m knitting these as part of the Stripey Socks KAL organised by Candace of the Pinfeathers and Purls Podcast, which started February 14th and runs until March 31st! Watch me excitedly talk about all the progress I made in less than a week!
Oh, the stash enhancements… They take up the second part of the podcast episode! So if you want to hear me talk about gorgeous yarn you can skip directly to Ep08-2!
Let me see if I can list them in order of appearance:
- Greta and the fibers, Raval Base in the colourway Chispas Blauet.
- Self Stripping Sweet Sparrow Yarns, Nuthatch base in the Rudolph and Clarice colourway.
- Malabrigo Sock purchased at Picknit Shop in the colourways Ochre, Reflecting Pool and Cereza and Malabrigo Worsted purchased at Fil&Tropia in the colourway Applewood.
(the blue skein in the middle is the Manos del Urugay Silk Blend that I’m knitting the Woodland Tales Mittens with, purchased at Lalanalú)
- Republic of Wool, Twist Fingering Base in the Grand Budapest Colourway (I got it in a swap, thank you Laura and Ferran and Michele for making it possible!)
- Gregoria Fibers, Bamboo Sock base in a OOAK colourway #3.
And a big special thank you for the yarn that I won in two giveaways. I’m head over heels in love with them.
- Not one, nor two, but THREE skeins of Circus Tonic Handmade: Jubilee Sock Base in the colourway Lagunaria patersonius (pink), and Revelry Sock Base in the colourways Thelymitra simulata (blue) and Acacia Buxifolia (yellow).
- A House of A La Mode, Bangin Cash Sock base in the colourway Petal that I won by the lovely Korina (@thecolormustard).
So this is the current status of my yarn stash cabinet:
Thank you so much for watching and for stopping by! Please do not hesitate to ask if you’ve got any questions, I’ll be happy to answer.